Weekly Market Update, June 6/14

Net loss/gain in listings this week: -2 (80, 105, 129)

Sales are still well ahead of the past few years. There are a few weeks before "vacation mode" sets in with many potential home buyers, and they're still out there looking.

ListingsandSales
Listings and Sales
EdmontonHomePrices
Edmonton Home Prices

14 Responses to “Weekly Market Update, June 6/14”

1. DougNo Gravatar 06. Jun, 2014 at 5:04 pm #

Not bad, up 5% year over year. I wonder why Calgary is gaining faster than Edmonton? If Edmonton is generally a year to 18 months behind Calgary, does that mean that we’re in for some big gains soon?

• GMNo Gravatar 06. Jun, 2014 at 6:01 pm #

Mosquitoes. Calgary has far fewer.

2. DougNo Gravatar 07. Jun, 2014 at 6:50 am #

Joe, you’re a troll. You can’t actually believe that we’re going anywhere but up in terms of housing prices?

3. a common guyNo Gravatar 07. Jun, 2014 at 9:21 am #

Wasn’t this troll banned?!!

4. featNo Gravatar 07. Jun, 2014 at 10:24 am #

The best season of house market has gone. The peak of this year has already appeared. Actually the median price is more valuable for watching the trend.

• wsnNo Gravatar 07. Jun, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

Where did you learn your English?

5. SarahNo Gravatar 07. Jun, 2014 at 1:42 pm #

Well as a buyer that just sold my house, I can tell you there aren’t many ‘good’ homes out there.
    My house was on the market for 14 days and sold and now we are scrambling to find something. I would have thought that house in our price range would be sitting for longer ($500,000-$650,000) but the few we’ve really liked are sold or pending all ready.

Sorry Joe, your arguments aren’t reality.

• wsnNo Gravatar 07. Jun, 2014 at 4:38 pm #

There are enough good homes out there, either in a buyer’s market or a seller’s market. You just need to pay the fair market price as there is no free lunch.

6. shawnNo Gravatar 08. Jun, 2014 at 7:43 am #

Joe,
    I found this post with stats was actually interesting. So I am curious why these ereb stats are different than this blog’s? Anyone care to explain?

7. SarahNo Gravatar 08. Jun, 2014 at 10:37 pm #

Joe..you are correct, it is already. But I digress, we can’t wait as we need to find some place to live. There are hardly any rentals out there (not that I want to rent). The market right now seems to be robust from what we are experiencing.

8. JoJoNo Gravatar 09. Jun, 2014 at 7:57 am #

I live in McConachie. I always keep an eye out for the prices around the area. It seems price keeps going on in the area year after year and there are tonnes of houses being built. Who’s buying all those houses? There’s no way the builder can carry that much inventory. I’m thinking most of those houses would have to be empty…but nope, when I take a walk around the neighborhood all those houses are actually sold and there’s people living in them.

9. Karl HungusNo Gravatar 09. Jun, 2014 at 10:45 am #

Might have something to do with 100,000 people moving to alberta every year

10. AmcNo Gravatar 09. Jun, 2014 at 7:17 pm #

Interesting to see the average HOME price in ft mac at $640k and the average price per square foot at about $450. There has been a levelling but really if you want something to just walk in and throw a dozen beer in the fridge you’re probably close to $800000.

I reside in Ardrossan but due to work, go to Ft Mac a few times a year. I notice the wages are becoming closer as the wages in Edmonton and area are rising.

I think Edmonton and area has room for another $100000 rise in pricing pretty easily. The jobs are there the in migration is happening. Throw a couple more big pipelines into the loop and kaboom….prices will be thru the roof.

Im saying 5% year over year for at least 4 to 5 years for sure.

11. ArfmooocatNo Gravatar 12. Jun, 2014 at 7:35 pm #