The Greater Edmonton area has some wonderful communities, and we wanted to create a list of neighbourhoods that are great for young families. But how do you decide which neighbourhoods are the best for young families?
We came up with our own set of criteria, and then set about determining which neighbourhoods best fit that criteria.
First was price. Most young families in Edmonton look for single family homes between $350,000-$450,000. It would be easy to pick the best neighbourhoods if there was no price limitation, but that’s not practical.
Second was popularity – where are the most single family home sales occuring in the $350,000-$450,000 price range. Which neighbourhoods have households made up mostly of young families?
Last was amenities – which neighbourhoods have good schools or easy access to good schools? Which neighbourhoods have nice parks? Are there recreation and shopping facilities nearby?
Of course, we also included our own experiences helping families find homes in Edmonton and our knowledge of neighbourhoods when we came up with the list.
That gives us our list of the best neighbourhoods for young families in the Greater Edmonton Area:
- West Edmonton: The Hamptons, Jamieson Place, Glastonbury
- North Edmonton: Klarvatten, Brintnell, Cumberland
- South West Edmonton: MacEwan, Rutherford, Terwillegar Towne, Terwillegar South
- South East Edmonton: Wild Rose, Summerside, Silver Berry, Ellerslie
- St. Albert: Deer Ridge, Heritage Lakes, North Ridge
- Sherwood Park: Foxboro, Foxhaven, Clarkdale Meadows
Homes for sale in Edmonton’s family friendly neighbourhoods.