Avenue Magazine did an article on the best neighbourhoods in Edmonton. They polled readers and added in some data including crime stats from the Edmonton Police Service and came up with the Top 10 neighbourhoods in Edmonton. The results are a little surprising.
Their readers prefer older homes to newer homes, and said proximity to parks was more important than proximity to shopping. I hope developers are listening! Here are the top 10 neighbourhoods in Edmonton, according to Avenue Magazine:
1. Strathcona – wins for walkability, character homes and social life. Check out homes for sale in Strathcona.
2. Garneau – for it’s range of housing options and sense of community. Garneau homes for sale.
3. Westmount – trendy, close to downtown, revitalizing. Westmount homes for sale.
4. Oliver – Edmonton’s most densely populated neighbourhood offers convenience, an urban lifestyle and plenty of housing options. Oliver condos for sale.
5. Cloverdale – Cozy, quiet and close to downtown plus free tickets to FolkFest. Cloverdale homes for sale.
6. Crestwood – unique homes and a strong sense of community. Crestwood homes for sale.
7. Highlands – beautiful old homes surrounded by not the greatest areas. Highlands homes for sale.
8. Belgravia – on the River Valley and the LRT. Belgravia homes for sale.
9. Windermere – the only new community on the list! Windermere wins for it’s ammenities. Windermere homes for sale.
10. Parkallen – Convenience, close to a lot of the higher end neighbourhoods with a lower price tag. Parkallen homes for sale.
What are your favourite neighbourhoods in Edmonton? I would definitely consider living in some of the neighbourhoods chosen by Avenue Magazine, but there are definitely some others I’d consider as well – Riverdale, Laurier Heights, Rossdale, Patricia Heights, Parkview (Valleyview), most areas in Riverbend and plenty of others.
Of course, living in one of most popular neighbourhoods in the city comes at a price. A good portion of our clients wish for a newer or renovated home in an old neighbourhood, until they see the price.